February 05, 2006

Home for a rest

Just back from Montreal 2006, a slusty college adventure. Having been able to drink legally all month, it wasn't quite as exciting as it could have been, but still a good time. There was fairly minimal contact with locals, but a nice horse and buggy ride around the old city. By myself, I'd never have done something as blatantly touristic. I dunno. It'll be good to not be a tourist for a while. Last night we went to a great Irish pub, I don't even remember the name, but it had two guys playing songs I actually knew, and leffe brown, and in general just exuded incredible pubiness. Reminded me of "Home for a Rest." We arrived in December and London was cold /So we stayed in the bars /Along Charing Cross Road /We never saw nothin' but brass taps and oak /Kept a shine on the bar /With the sleeves of our coats. I wish they'd played it.

All set for the first day of classes tomorrow I guess, though I haven't bought any books. Only four this time around, in an attempt to spend more time on each of them. It'll be a good semester.


No comments: